Executive Think Tanks
The business case for wellness
Facts and figures about 65+
ICAA/ProMatura Wellness Benchmarks
Metrics for the active-aging industry
The ICAA/Promatura Wellness Benchmarks answer key business questions:
- How many residents participate in and value the program?
- How are the program assets utilized?
- Is there progress in terms of participation and outcomes?
- Does wellness affect average length of stay?
- Do participating residents stay more independent, longer?
- Is there a potential for revenue contribution?
Use the ICAA/ProMatura Wellness Benchmarks to:
- Assess the business impact of the wellness function
- Set goals for the community
- Set goals for the wellness program
- Measure progress toward goals
- Identify areas for quality improvement
- Track progress over time
- Compare the program with competition
- Identify best practice
The numbers collected and tracked through the consistent methodology of the benchmarks:
- Indicate adherence of the program to the community’s mission and values
- Become a dashboard of key performance indicators
- Demonstrate the value of the program to senior management, the board of directors, financiers, colleagues and residents
- Provide solid information for community outreach and marketing
- Anchor business plans for financing; support grant applications
- Generate performance objectives and monitor results
- Establish the basis for cross-department initiatives
- Guide decisions on funding and purchasing
- Separate residents’ perceptions of the program from other influencers of satisfaction
- Compare the organization to its peer group and competitors
- Show return on investment